Tray Hay Feeder
Fully Assembled Dimensions:
1900 x 1400 x 1700 (LxWxH)
Mostly Assembled Dimensions:
1900 x 1150 x 1350 (LxWxH)
1900 x 1000 x 200 (LxWxH)Click here to see prices.
BALE JAIL ADVANTAGES:
- Trays catches any waste which can still be eaten by cattle
- Bale positioned in the feeder so that the rain naturally drains from it
- Bale is raised off the ground
- Optional roof for keeping rain out
Easy to use:
- Easy to move whilst hay in feeder
- Load with a Front End Loader
- Meal can be put into tray to feed at the same time
- Bracing to ensure it stands up to any rough treatment
The feed that the cattle, horses, etc. pull out from the suspended area that doesn’t get eaten falls in the trays. This prevents the hay falling and being trampled into the ground. The floor has 6 holes in the bottom of it to allow moisture to drain from it.
- The feed is suspended off the ground which means that moisture doesn’t affect the bottom of the bales.
Round bales are positioned so that they naturally drain water off the top. This is significant because the top of the bale is eaten last which means that the draining feature lasts until the bale is completely eaten.
The Tray Hay Feeder has an optional attachment, the Hay Feeder Roof, to better reduce waste from rain.
- When the hay is under its own weight suspended against the bars, it makes accessing the hay harder for the stock. The effect of this is that stock are forced to take less in per mouthful which means they are less likely to spill what they have worked for on the ground.